Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Chock Full of Vitamins and Nutrients (Sorta)

I know that last time, I listed out the ingredients for the making of the Teeny-Tiny Muffin.  Today, I would like to discuss the directions and what to expect when you combine those ingredients together.  Particularly, the medications.

In the fertility lingo, I'm taking what are referred to as "stims" (stimulation meds).  My stims amount to 150 I/U of Menopur (just today raised to 225 I/U) and 150 I/U of Gonal-F.  This is in addition to the Lupron injection I take every day.

The side effects of Menopur are:

Hot flashes
Mood swings
Other symptoms too numerous or gross to list

The side effects of the Gonal-F are:

Hot flashes
Mood swings
Other symptoms too numerous or gross to list

The side effects of the Lupron are:

Hot flashes
Mood swings
Other symptoms I don't even want to look up right now

I guess you all noticed the theme here.  I know that it is, in fact, as hot as the seventh level of hell in Texas right now.  But I have been having ridiculous hot flashes.  I pretty much just sweat all the time.  Especially in the morning, while I'm getting ready for work. 

Now, I have a precise, perfectly-timed regimen for getting ready in the morning.  My regimen has been thrown off by the hot flashes, which make me sweat, which makes my hair get frizzy.  And let me say, that nothing brings on a mood swing faster than my hair being frizzy.  Yesterday, I got so frustrated that Mr. Muffin actually backed slowly out of the bathroom with his hands raised, like I was some sort of rabid animal.  Good times, kids.

So, beware, gentle chefs, when combining these ingredients.  It may just start to get a little hot and cranky up in your kitchen.

My morning cocktail

No comments:

Post a Comment